Monday, January 16, 2012

RV Supershow in Tampa

On Saturday, my hubby and I actually had a "date day." And, like two nerds, we chose to spend it at the RV Show! Hey, having a 350 Diesel opens up a huge realm of new towing possibilities.

We fell in love with four that I am going to link here along w/ pros and cons:

Mesa Ridge 325B by Open Range
Pros:
Grey outside
Wider doors
Nice upgrades, no maintenance roof, all the outside valves, etc are tucked away in one location
Remote for stabilizers, awning, etc.
Nice stabilizers
Nice tube for the black water hoses to keep from touching.
Nice kitchen cabinets, can hold a lot of weight
Aluminum siding
Came with 4 televisions
Nice outdoor kitchen
Nice interior colors
Cons:
No fireplace


Everlite 35RBS-DSby Evergreen
Pros:
Fireplace!!!!
Cons:
Wasn't in love with the interior
Long....a bit longer than our Passport - which could present a problem at certain campgrounds.


Pros:
Rotating fireplace! Loved loved loved loved that!
Incredible bunkhouse - two slides, a massive TV mounted from the ceiling
Stainless steel appliances

Cons:
Looked "cheesy" for a lack of a better word. While it had nice upgrades, it still came across as cheap.

Pros:
Front bunkhouse
Slide in the master room, really nice!
Beautiful on the inside, real nice upgrades and extra touches
Nice insulation package

Cons:
No outdoor kitchen
No fireplace


So, if we do ever decide to trade the Passport, here is our "dream" list:
Fireplace
Outdoor kitchen
Better Insulation
Bigger TV
Bigger Fridge
Second door to the bathroom
"Real" doors to the bunkhouse and the master room
Deeper slides
Slide in either the master or the bunkhouse

Funny thing, I didn't even know a fireplace in a travel trailer was an option!

Anyway, it was fun to dream. Right now, we simply are not in a position to trade up the Passport but maybe in a couple of years. We still love our Passport, she has brought us such fun and wonderful memories. It would be so hard to let her go!! I know its crazy, I tend to get attached to that kind of stuff - thus why we don't trade cars too often. And why I still have my 1996 Convertible Mustang (my baby). Makes me think about when we bought our Suburban. I had always wanted one. We traded our Avalanche for it after I got pregnant with kid #3 (Taya). I was so excited to finally have a Suburban, but the next day after the trade, I walked out in the garage to see the Suburban sitting there and not the Avalanche and I had a good cry.

I imagine that is what it will be like when/if we trade the Passport. Every time I see one going down the road, I'll remember the awesome times we had......so maybe we will never trade but I still love dreaming.

We had a wonderful day at the RV Show. And we didn't even get into big dreams, like Class "A's" -- we only looked at Travel Trailers and a few fifth wheels. A fifth wheel just doesn't seem to be a good option because of needing the bed of the truck to tow our bikes, canoes, kayaks (just got Delena a kayak for her 11th birthday), fire pits and the "dump tank."


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
LED Flashlights Free Blogger Templates